Jelaine & I have been eating fairly meat-free, but we love having good seafood on occasion.
She picked up potato-crusted cod the other night, and then proved how totally rad she is…
As we were prepping dinner, she said, “Aww, man, we don’t have any tartar sauce… hmm, I wonder how you make it.”
So, she found out!
She consulted this Quick Tartar Sauce from Bon Appetit, and we got to work on our own version.
Here’s how we did it:
– Busted out the food processor
– Threw a cup of Greek yogurt in that bad boy (cut out the mayo)
– Squeezed 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in
– Tossed in a dill pickle spear
– Sprinkled dill and salt (to taste)
– Took it for a spin in the processor
It was delicious!
Seriously, so much tastier than any restaurant tartar I’ve had. Maybe because it was fresher, or maybe because it came from Jelaine’s own hands. I was jazzed about the fact that she sought a solution, even one as simple as making a sauce she wanted.
We poured wine, sat done together, & enjoyed dinner. Great night 🙂